Child and Youth Services
Child and Youth Services (CYS) provides programs and services for children of eligible military and civilian families. Within CYS Services you will find something to meet your children’s needs, whether it is for:
- Full, part time or hourly child care
- Before/after school care
- Programs for your middle school and teen youth
- Instructional classes
- Workforce preparation opportunities
- Sports and fitness activities
Today’s CYS Services programs deemed a "model for the nation" by Presidential acclaim, continue to operate on these cornerstones:
- Quality – Child care is DoD-certified and nationally accredited
- Availability – Child care is available on- and off-post
- Affordability – Fees for various programs are competitively priced and affordable regardless of sponsor's income
- Childcare Opportunities
Fort Polk CYS offers quality childcare and activities for children 6 weeks and older.
Once you review all your options, registration for all youth programs can be accomplished at Parent Central Services Bldg 400.
Child Development Centers (CDC) offers care for children 6 weeks to 5 years old, full-times, hourly care, and preschool programs are available.
School Age Center (SAC) provides children in grades 1 to 5 with care before and after school and during school breaks.
Middle School and Teen Program (MST) allows children in grades 6 to 12 to regularly take part in tutoring, mentoring, computer labs, sports and fitness. Emphasis is on preparing our children to be active in our community.
Family Child Care (FCC) Providers offers childcare for children ages 4 weeks to 12 years old in a small, family environments. FCC is also available for extended care (mission related) and 24 hour if necessary.