- BOSS Car Show
- Pumpkin Decorating
- Live Music
- Cardboard Regatta
- BBQ Cooking Contest hosted by Fire Fest
- Cardboard Regatta Details & Registration Form
The cardboard boat regatta race, will be held at the DFMWR 25 Meter Pool on October 1. Participants will race 2 lengths of the pool (50M). The first to finish or the last to sinks wins. Swimming and/or pulling the boat, or the use of lane lines will result in disqualification.
Boats must be set at the 25 M on October 1 by 11AM for viewing.
The race will begin at 3PM on October 1
"Build a boat and see who can float the longest!"
Awards will be given to the first finishers. We will also be awarding the "Most Creative Boat" and the "Titanic Award."
1. Only cardboard and tape may be used to build boats. Cardboard tubes are permitted but cannot have wood or plastic used to cap the ends. No pre-‐treated or waxed cardboard is permitted. Wood, plastic or plastic wrap, fiberglass, metal, Styrofoam, or other materials that would aid in floatation or make the boat more rigid are prohibited.
2. Design is the builder’s choice. Make your boat look like a race car, a yacht, dragon, flying saucer….. Let your imagination reign supreme.
3. Only permanent markers can be used to decorate your boat. Use of paint(non water proof), stickers, etc. will result in disqualification or placement in the outlaw category.
4. No wrapping in tape, however, tape may be used to reinforce the bottom of your boat.
5. Boats must be propelled using hands and/or paddles. You must provide your own oar and the paddle. The paddle may only be used to propel the boat. No artificial paddles are allowed. The paddles must meet the same requirement for construction as the boats
6. Boats may be a maximum width of 5ft and a maximum length of 6ft. There is no maximum height requirement.
7. Each boat must carry at least two team members.
8. Boats may be built prior to the race. All boats must pass inspection prior to racing.
9. Team members who start the race must finish the race without leaving the interior of the boat. If a team member exits the boat for any reason during the race, the team will be disqualified.
10. When a boat is finished the race, the team must remove the boat and any leftover cardboard debris from the water area and dispose of it at the designated trash area.
11. Teams are not allowed to sabotage anyone else’s boat. Any rough housing in the water will lead to disqualification. Any team that violates the design and construction rules, will be disqualified.
12. All Participants must be wearing a bathing suit and shorts (no denim)
13. Team members must supply their own towels.
14. Judging will be based on time at the completion of the race or distance traveled and time the boat sinks.
· Bring a supply of towels.
· Bring a change of clothes, you WILL get WET!!
· Most importantly… Have FUN!!!
- Firefest BBQ Cooking Competition
Timeline of Events
1030 Cooks Meeting
1100-1230 Grilla Grills Burger Bash
1100 Jack Daniels Giveaway
1200 Blues Hog Giveaway
1230-1530 Blues Hog Chicken Cookoff
1500 Blues Hog Giveaway
1600 Jack Daniels Giveaway
1630 Awards | Grilla Grills Giveaway
*Make sure to read the contest rules below*
- BOSS Car Show
Entry fee is $15
- Oktoberfest at the Anvil Bar
Join us at the Anvil Bar during and after the Louisiana Hayride for a german style Oktoberfest!
Admission and entertainment are free with food and beverages available for purchase.
Anvil Bar Oktoberfest includes live music, games and prizes and even a dirndl and lederhosen competition!
- Stein Holding Contest
- Keg Throwing
- Best dressed frau oder mann
Anvil Bar are for those 18 years or older.
Enjoy a day of fall activities fit for the whole family!
Our annual Louisiana Hayride is back on October 1 at the Home of Heroes Parking Lot from 11 AM - 4 PM
Spend the day with us with:
and plenty more!